Toby is a Business Executive based in London. He has 12+ years experience in the technology industry ranging from hands-on software development roles to senior leadership positions. The positions have been with globally recognised companies including JP Morgan Chase (Current), The Very Group, National Trust, Nationwide Building Society.
Toby has a unique blend of skills both in technology and psychology. This enables him to work at all levels of the organisation with credibility.
Toby’s Technology skills have been developed as a hands-on developer for many years building and testing solutions in many languages, following agile software development practices.
Psychology skills enables Toby to work with senior leaders, personally and professionally to succeed in challenging environments. He has a deep knowledge in organisational design, leadership development and human behaviour. Toby is a qualified Personal and Business Coach having completed the incredible Barefoot Coaching intensive coach training. He also has a Post Graduate Degree in Personal and Business Coaching with University of Chester.
His knowledge of technology and psychology means Toby flourishes in agile, adaptive working environments. Situations with high degrees of complexity and uncertainty.
Toby has an in-depth knowledge of agile working practices ranging from single team scrum, large scale scrum and flow based approaches such as Kanban. He has coached 100’s of teams in adopting these practices.
Notable achievements include:
- Transitioning JP Morgan Chase Global Technology to a Product aligned operating model. A change that impacted 8,000+ employees
- Establishing a global change agent network, Catalyst, that grew to over 500+ global members
- Transforming a traditional call centre help desk to adopt agile ways of working to better serve their customers
- Transforming a Software Development Division of a major investment bank to adopt Large Scale Scrum organisational design
- Created an internal Agile Coaching practice, hiring 15 coaches globally
Toby has been invited to share his knowledge at many industry conferences:
- Agile 2019 (Washington DC) – Reflective Writing for your Self-Care toolkit
- Agile 2018 (San Diego) – Agile Coaching v Professional Coaching
- Test Bash 2017 (Brighton, UK) – Introduction to Professional Coaching Workshop
- Agile Testing Days 2015 (Berlin) – Experiments at Scale: How to test an idea
- Expo QA 2015 (Madrid) – Pairing with a Developer to Test
- Belgium Testing Days 2015 (Brussels) – Pairing with a Developer to Test
- Agile Testing Days 2014 (Berlin) – Pairing with a Developer to Test